The results of the entrance examination will be sent to you at home. If you pass the exam, you qualify for admission to the Maastricht Academy of Music. As soon as you know that you qualify for admission, you should make sure that you meet the following requirements. You can only actually be admitted as a student and receive a student ID card if you meet these requirements!
To actually start studying at the Academy, you must comply with these requirements:
- You must have had the right previous education;
- You must meet the country of residence requirement. This means that you must be officially registered as living in the Netherlands, Belgium, or the German Federal States [Länder] of Lower Saxony, Bremen, or North-Rhine Westphalia;
- You must have passed all the component parts of the entrance examination;
- You must be fully available for all components of your programme, regardless of where you live or your other activities. This is essential for planning lessons and other activities, and for participation in projects. You cannot be admitted to the Academy if you are not prepared to be available.
- You must have proof of a sufficient command of Dutch or English (see link ‘Protocol Admission Requirements English Language Skills’ below)
- You must have paid your tuition fee [collegegeld] .
- Foreign candidates must also submit the following documents:
- A copy of your (valid) passport;
- A copy of your (valid) visa;
- A copy of your diploma and/or certificates from previous education programmes;
- A copy of your registration in the population register for the place where you live
(in connection with the country of residence requirement).
You can only be officially registered as a student if you meet all these requirements.
You will receive a login code and an e-mail address from the ICT department of Zuyd University. This will allow you to use all the various educational facilities, for example Infonet and Blackboard. You are expected to check your hszuyd e-mail at least once a week, so that you can be contacted if necessary.
You must have satisfied all administrative and financial obligations before 1 September to be eligible to receive instruction.
If one of the requirements mentioned above is still outstanding on 1 September, your computer login code will be frozen!