Straddling the border with Germany and Belgium, Maastricht Academy of Music is the most southerly Music Academy of the Netherlands. This international position is reflected in its policies. In particular, the internationalization policy of Maastricht Academy of Music is geared towards:
- Promoting the international dimension when preparing students for their professional careers: Maastricht Academy of Music provides (financial) impetus to encourage students to broaden and deepen their careers in an international context, in areas where this offers added value to their education.
- Collaboration with foreign institutes: Maastricht Academy of Music seeks genuine cross-border collaboration with other academies of music.
- Attracting foreign students to the Academy: Maastricht Academy of Music attracts students from all over the Netherlands and from many European and non-European countries. The most important factors cited in deciding to study at the Academy include:
- the international reputation of lecturers
- the quality of the departments
- choice of language
- the possibility to create a programme tailored to the individual's needs, wishes and possibilities
- Service-oriented knowledge export: our lecturers take their expertise abroad by e.g. performing in concerts and orchestras, or by working as (guest) lecturers at music academies and/or running master classes. They contribute towards raising the international profile of Maastricht Academy of Music abroad.
- Welcoming guest lecturers
- Zuyd University is a member of HORA-EST:
a consortium comprising most of the institutes of Higher Education in the Meuse and Rhine Euregion.