Our students actively participate in projects initiated by the Municipality and the Province of Limburg. Work placements, internships and performances are held in schools, art academies and cultural centres throughout the city of Maastricht and Meuse-Rhine Euregion.
Each year, three project weeks are organized:
- Project Week 1 is devoted to Musical profiling (Theme in 2008: The song in theatre, 2007: Religious music, 2006: Berlin during the Interbellum period, including Drei Grosschenoper by Kurt Weil)
- Project Week 2 is dedicated to Pop Music (Theme 2008: Britpop, 2007: Soulmates, 2006: from Theremin to Softsynth, 2005: Blues)
- Project Week 3 is devoted to Integration (Theme 2008: Capture the city (interfaculty), 2007: Sacre du Printemps, 2006: Streetwise)
Other projects 2007-2008
- Coup Maastricht: An annual manifestation by students representing various art faculties in Maastricht: this week-long event comprises theatre productions, exhibitions and concerts at various locations in Maastricht. Contribution to De Coup 2008: Muzikalo - a musical representation, devised by third-year students of the Music in Education programme. www.muzikalo.nl
- Educational programme at Opera, L’enfant et les sortilèges. Students prepared hand-outs and introductory classes (online) for primary schools in the Meuse-Rhine Euregion in three different languages. www.euregiokinderoper.net
- Radio play Geachte Luisteraar (Dear Listener): in collaboration with Intro in Situ, students produced radio plays with Years 5-6-7 from local primary schools. These radio plays were subsequently broadcast.
- Lentejurkfeest Annual "Getting Dressed for Spring" project, organized by various art faculties in Maastricht. This event celebrates the arrival of spring and the new spring dress for the fictional girl living in the “Berenkuil” in Maastricht's Aldenhofpark The project was a joint venture between students from Maastricht Academy of Music (who also produced the music), Maastricht Drama Academy and Academy of Fine Arts.
- Opening Council chamber Maastricht (2007)
- Stage production The Unbearable Lightness of Love: a production by theatre group Het Vervolg in partnership with students from Maastricht Academy of Music. The production was fleshed out with the help of talented secondary school pupils. The entire project was overseen by students undertaking the Music in Education programme. The students were responsible for familiarizing the pupils with visual arts and drama.
- Workshops organized by, amongst others, Frits Evelein (cooperative learning) and Dr. Frans Feron (Music and the Brain)
Placements and internships abroad
Students are also given the opportunity to undertake abroad placements and internships.
Each year, international placements (of the student's choice) are available in Belgium (annually), Germany (annually), Srebrenica (2001, 2005), Sri Lanka (2004, 2006, 2007), Namibia (2002), France (2003), Poland (2002) and Uganda (2008). More information: firstname.lastname@example.org